Renting FAQ

  • Do I need to provide 100 points ID when applying?
    A copy of your drivers licence, proof of age card or passport is all that is required.  If you do not have any of these then a copy of your birth certificate and some other form of photo ID is sufficient.
  • What do I need to provide with my tenancy application?
    Essential – Photocopy of Drivers Licence, Proof of Age Card or Passport
    3 most recent payslips
    Recommended –  References – as many as possible both written and verbal
    Copy of tenant ledger if currently renting
  • How much do I have to pay when signing a tenancy agreement?
    Prior to taking possession of the property the following must be paid:  Bond (equal to 4 weeks rent), PLUS 2 weeks rent in advance (if you have paid a holding fee this will be deducted from your 2 weeks rent).  Payments must be made at the time of signing the tenancy agreement.
  • How do I pay my rent?
    Rent is payable in advance in accordance with your Tenancy Agreement.  You can arrange to have your rent paid automatically into our trust account each week by EFT, direct debit, payroll deduction or Centrepay.  We will not accept cash payments at our office.
  • How much notice is needed when I wish to vacate?
    When the fixed term period of the agreement is due to expire, the tenant is required to give 14 days notice and the landlord is required to give 30 days written notice to end the tenancy. This notice can be served up to and including the last day of the fixed term.  Once the fixed term period has ended, a tenant is required to give at least 21 days notice, and the landlord must give at least 90 days notice.  If there is a breach of the tenancy agreement a notice period of 14 days applies.  If the premises are sold and vacant possession is required in the contract of sale, the landlord must give the tenant at least 30 days written notice (after the contracts of sale have been exchanged). This is only applicable to continuing tenancy agreements.
  • What happens if I need to break my lease?
    There are penalties involved which the tenant is responsible for breaking their lease. Please contact our office to discuss, if you need to break your lease.
  • Can I have a pet?
    In most cases pets are considered on application.  It’s important to consider the suitability of each pet on a case-by-case basis as obviously some pets are more compatible with certain types of properties. Ultimately, the property owner will have the final say as to whether or not your application will be approved with your pets.
  • Can another person move in with me?
    You must seek permission to have another person stay permanently at the property.  Any additional tenants will have to complete our application process.  The owner may refuse your request if the property is unsuitable for an additional person, or the person you are proposing does not meet our eligibility criteria